Happy Makar Sankranti 2021
It is committed to Lord Sun. It likewise alludes to a particular sun powered day in the Hindu schedule. On this promising day, the sun enters the zodiac indication of Capricorn or Makar which denotes the finish of winter month and beginning of longer days. This is the start of the long stretch of Magh. To reward for the qualification that occurs because of the transformation around the sun, at regular intervals the day of Sankranti is conceded by one day. From the day of Makar Sankranti, the sun starts its toward the north excursion or Uttarayan venture. Subsequently, this celebration is otherwise called Uttarayan.
History of Makar Sankranti
Sankranti is considered a Deity. According to the legend Sankranti slaughtered a fallen angel named Sankarasur. The day close to Makar Sankrant is called Karidin or Kinkrant. On this day, Devi killed the fallen angel Kinkarasur.The data of Makar Sankranti is accessible in Panchang. The Panchang is the Hindu Almanac that gives data on the age, structure, apparel, course and development of Sankranti.
Significance of Makar Sankranti
Makar Sankranti is the date from which Northward development of the sun starts. The time frame from Karka Sankranti to Makar Sankranti is known as the Dakshinayan. As per the sacred texts, Dakshinayan represents as the evening of god or the indication of pessimism and Uttarayan is considered as an image of day of Gods or an indication of energy. Since on this day sun begins its excursion towards the north thus, individuals take a blessed dunk in Ganga, Godavari, Krishna, Yamuna River at heavenly places, serenade mantras and so forth Ordinarily the sun influences all the zodiac signs, yet it is said that the section of the sun in the zodiac indication of Cancer and Capricorn strictly is exceptionally productive.
- Before Makar Sankranti, the sun is in the Southern Hemisphere. Therefore, in India, in winter evenings are longer and days are more modest. Yet, with the Makar Sankranti, sun begins its excursion towards Northern Hemisphere thus, days will be longer and evenings more modest.
- On the event of Makar Sankranti, individuals offer their thanks towards the individuals of India over time by adoring the sun God in different structures. Any worthy deeds or gift during this period sets up more productive.
- Performing haldi kumkum service in a manner that conjures the floods of peaceful Adi - Shakti in the Universe to get set off. This aides in producing impression of Sagun dedication on the brain of an individual and upgrades the Spiritual feeling to God.
In various locales of the nation, Makar Sankranti is commended by various names
Lohri: One day before Makar Sankranti, on thirteenth January, Lohri is commended in Haryana and Punjab. Around evening time, individuals accumulate around the huge fire and toss until, puffed rice and popcorns into the flares of the huge fire. Supplications are offered to the huge fire looking for plenitude and success.
Celebration of Donation "or" Khichdi ": In Uttar Pradesh it is essentially the celebration of 'Gift'. The Magh reasonable, which proceeds for one month on the conversion of Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati in Allahabad, begins from the day of Makar Sankranti as it were. On this propitious day individuals do quick in Uttar Pradesh eat and offer khichdi. Likewise, Khichdi Mela is coordinated at Gorakhdham in Gorakhpur.
- In Bihar, Makar Sankranti celebration is known as Khichdi. On this day, giving urad, rice, gold, woolen garments, covers and so forth have their own significance.
- In Maharashtra, all wedded ladies give cotton, oil and salt to other suhagin or wedded ladies on their first Sankrant.
- In Bengal, there is a custom of giving until in the wake of cleaning up in Makar Sankrant. Tremendous reasonable is likewise coordinated each year in Gangasagar.
- Pongal: On the event of Makar Sankranti in Tamil Nadu, this celebration is praised as Pongal for four days.
- Kite Festival: In Gujarat, the kite celebration is coordinated on the event of Makar Sankranti.
Along these lines, in India, Makar Sankranti celebration has its own significance. It is commended in different States by various names. What is its set of experiences, why Makar Sankranti is commended each year, and so on is likewise examined in the above article.